In Warnemünde and its neighbouring seaside resorts Diedrichshagen, Hohe Düne and Markgrafenheide you will find the perfect environment for a holiday with a special added value for your health!
Wide sandy beaches as far as the eye can see, charming fishermen's houses, maritime adventure worlds, a rugged and wildly romantic steep coast and the largest German coastal forest right on the water. The mild stimulating climate of the Baltic Sea offers ideal conditions for a healthy and health-promoting stay. Walk into the sea on the piers. Treat yourself to exercise directly in the sand or in the water.
The well-developed paths through the coastal forest, the Rostock Heath and on the international long-distance paths invite you to go hiking and cycling. A wide range of cultural and sporting activities on offer all year round make your stay an eventful one. There are lively places to stroll, spa concerts and exclusive wellness offers. The historic city centre of Rostock can be reached in 20 minutes.
If you prefer a rural idyll, the seaside resort of Diedrichshagen is just right. This small idyllic village west of Warnemünde is surrounded by woods, meadows and fields. Thatched houses, farms with alpacas and horses can be found here, as well as a country market and golf course. Immediately north of the village is the Diedrichshäger Land landscape conservation area. The Stoltera nature reserve with its cliffs, some of which are more than 20 metres high, is directly adjacent. The diverse surroundings in the nature reserve invite you to take relaxing walks through the coastal forest, explore the area by bike or on foot, or enjoy a relaxing sunset by the sea.
The seaside resorts of Hohe Düne and Markgrafenheide extend to the east of Warnemünde. Nature can also be found here. Surrounded by the Baltic Sea and the forests of the Rostock Heath, there are plenty of opportunities to unwind. The beach at Markgrafenheide is the longest stretch of beach in the Rostock seaside resorts. It stretches over 5 km from Markgrafenheide to the natural beach Rosenort in the Rostock Heath. Markgrafenheide has a lot in store for active holidaymakers. Starting with the climbing forest, beach volleyball, water sports, numerous cycling and hiking trails or boat rentals.
Feel warmly invited to the four seaside resorts of the Hanseatic and university city of Rostock and enjoy what can make your life healthier and more beautiful!
Tourist-Information Office Warnemünde & Rostock
Am Strom 59
Phone: 0049 381 3812222
Fax: 0049 381 5480030
- E 22: Lübeck-Wismar-Rostock-Stralsund
- E 55: Berlin-Wittstock-Rostock
- A 19: Berlin (A10, A24) - Wittstock - Rostock
- A 20: Hamburg (A1) - Lübeck - Rostock - Szczecin (A11)
- B 103: Plau-Güstrow-Rostock
- B 105: Lübeck-Wismar-Rostock-Stralsund
- B 110: Usedom Island - Anklam - Demmin - Rostock
- Bus tour companies and long-distance bus connections
- IC and ICE lines of Deutsche Bahn to Rostock HBF, continue by S-Bahn to Warnemünde.
- From/to Gedser (Denmark) and Trelleborg (Sweden).
- Domestic and international flights from/to Rostock Airport near Laage (30 km south of Rostock).
- Mild stimulating climate of the Baltic Sea
- Impact factors of the maritime and forest climate and of the sea water
- Forest climate due to the large expanse of the Rostock Heath and the «Stoltera» nature reserve
Health tourism infrastructure
◊ Baltic Coast Hiking Trail E9
◊ Via Baltica (Baltic-Westphalian Way of St. James)
◊ Baltic-Central German Path
◊ Baltic Coast Cycle Route
◊ Berlin-Copenhagen Cycle Route and other regional cycle routes
Health-oriented hotels in the town
- a-ja Resort Warnemünde
- Hotel »Am Alten Strom«
- Hotel Godewind
- Hotel NEPTUN
- Kur- und Ferienhotel Sanddorn
- Parkhotel Seeblick
- Ringhotel Warnemünder Hof
- Strandhafer Aparthotel
- Strandhotel Hübner
- StrandResort Markgrafenheide
- Vogel Hotel Appartmenthaus & SPA Fischerhus
- Yachthafenresidenz Hohe Düne
Acute care hospital in the town
There are two acute hospitals in Rostock city centre, which can be reached from Warnemünde within 20 minutes.
University Medicine Rostock www.med.uni-rostock.de
The University Medicine Rostock is the largest medical institution in the state of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern.
Klinikum Südstadt Rostock www.kliniksued-rostock.de
For more than fifty years, the Klinikum der Hanse- und Universitätsstadt Rostock has stood for interdisciplinary networking and state-of-the-art diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
Camping and caravanning in the town
- baltic freizeit Camping- und Ferienpark in Markgrafenheide https://baltic-freizeit.de/
Motorhome parking spaces in Warnemünde:
o Strand-Mitte car park near Warnemünde youth hostel
o Mittelmole car park near Warnemünde railway station
Motorhome parking spaces in the city centre:
o City harbour car park
o Parking lot Fischerbastion
o Mühlendamm car park, opposite the river baths
Parking spaces for motorhomes in the immediate vicinity:
o Elmenhorst caravan site https://www.stellplatz-elmenhorst.de/
- Nutritional counselling
- Fascia Therapy
- Holistic pain therapy
- Therapeutic and physiotherapeutic health check-up
- Innovative laser treatments
- Body and ear acupuncture
- Manual therapy
- Neural therapy
- Packs & Peeling
- Private preventive cures
- Schroth cure
- Ultrasound diagnostics
Special therapeutic facilities
- Musculoskeletal system
- Medical rehabilitation training and rehabilitation sport
- Smoking cessation
- Rheumatic diseases
- Oxygen multi-step cure, original according to Manfred von Ardenne
- Sleep & regeneration
- Bathing doctors (for private paying guests)
- medical specialists
- alternative practitioners
- medical supply stores
- Health food shop
Dr. med. Regina Schwanitz & Dr. med. Rolf-Rainer Müller,
Tel.: +49 (0)381/525 98
Private medicine Rostock
Dr. med Chrstine Teichert
Stolteraer Weg 8,
Tel.: +49 (0)381/5430102
golf, tennis, volleyball, horse riding, boat rental, water sports, surfing, kiting, swimming, fishing
guided tours, museum
library, galleries, exhibitions, concerts, cinema, film showings, theatre, cabaret
Boat trips, bicycle tours, bicycle rental, e-bike rental, carriage rides, walks, Segway rental
Fun and Games
folk festivals, minigolf, bowling, dancing, animation for children